Calendula officinalis 'Sherbet Fizz'
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 100 seeds
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Hardiness: hardy annual
A striking and quick-growing variety with unusual buff-coloured blooms with intriguing raspberry red-tipped petals. Ideal for late summer sowing for a late spring display next year, ‘Sherbet Fizz’ is perfect for annual cut flower displays whose petals are an edible addition to salads. Easy to grow from seed in situ, it flowers reliably until the first frosts.
- Growing instructions: In autumn or spring, either sow in situ into well-raked soil, or in a seed-tray or pot. Cover the seed with 1cm of soil or compost and thin out as the seedlings appear allowing 30cm between each plant. They require little care, although regular deadheading will prolong the already substantial flowering period.
- Sow: August to October or March to June
- Flowering: May to October