Calendula officinalis 'Snow Princess'
- available to order from summer
- approx 100 seeds
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy annual (it will die after flowering)
The edible petals of this new pot marigold are creamy lemon on their upper surface and a rich butter yellow on their reverse. Therefore, their colour seems to change as the petals unfurl, so you will usually have a range of shades at any one time. In the border, the flowers will help attract bees and other pollinators, and they are also excellent for cutting.
- Garden care: In autumn or spring, either sow in situ into well-raked soil, or in a seed-tray or pot. Cover the seed with 1cm of soil or compost and thin out as the seedlings appear allowing 30cm between each plant. They require little care, although regular deadheading will prolong the already substantial flowering period.
- Sow: September - October or March-April
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 100 seeds.