Eventual height & spread
Ceropegia linearis subsp. woodii
string of hearts or hearts on a string or rosary vine
- available to order from late summer
- 14cm hanging pot
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang
Slender trailing stems are threaded with small heart-shaped leaves, which are patterned dark green and silver, while the undersides are pinkish-purple. These are sometimes accompanied by diminutive tubular flowers, which look interesting but are not showy. An easy and somewhat unusual succulent, it looks great when the stems are allowed to trail over the edge of a shelf.
- Home care: During the growing season, water thoroughly (making sure the excess water drains away freely) whenever the compost begins to dry out. Water very sparingly in winter.