Choisya × dewitteana 'Aztec Gold' (PBR)
Mexican orange blossom
- 2 litre pot
- available to order from autumn
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May and August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Recently introduced, the slender golden leaves of this new Mexican Orange Blossom mature to green in winter and will provide year-round colour and interest. Brilliant additions to the shrub border, their naturally bushy habit also makes them suitable for informal hedging and screens. The almond-scented creamy-white flowers, which appear in early summer (and occasionally again in autumn) are the icing on the cake.
- Garden care: Prune established plants in spring immediately after flowering, removing 25-30cm (10-12in) of the flowered stems. This encourages a second flush of flowers in late-summer and autumn. At the same time remove any frost-damaged stems to the base.