Clematis 'Bill MacKenzie'
orange peel clematis (group 3)
- available to order from spring
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of rich yellow, bell-shaped flowers from July to September and finely divided, mid-green leaves. One of the most popular varieties of late-flowering clematis, this variety is perfect for training over a wall, pergola or arch in full sun or partial shade. The large, silky seedheads provide interest into the winter months.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.