Clematis cirrhosa 'Jingle Bells'
clematis (group 1)
- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Large, nodding, cream-coloured flowers appear from winter to early spring and are followed by attractive seedheads. This charming climber is ideal for training around a doorway in a sunny, sheltered location where the scented blooms can best be appreciated.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.
Goes well with
1 litre pot
available to order from autumn