Clematis Crystal Fountain ('Evipo038') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from summer
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June and occasionally again in August and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A dazzling variety with large, lavender flowers up to 15cm across, with pronounced ruff of stamens and mid-green leaves. A compact and free-flowering climber that is perfect for the small garden as it only grows to 1.8m tall and wide. It can also be grown in a large container up an obelisk or against a sunny wall.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.