Clematis Dianna's Delight ('Evipo026') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The large flowers of this showy clematis are produced in abundance in an initial flush in late spring and early summer. Then, after a short break, a second (less prolific) flush appears at the end of summer or early autumn. This compact climber, is ideal for pots or borders, and will make an excellent choice if you want big impact in a smaller space.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.