Clematis 'Doctor Ruppel'
clematis (group 2)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, rose-pink, early summer flowers with deep reddish-pink stripes and mid-green leaves. This clematis is perfect for a sunny site, since the colour holds up better to the bleaching effects of the sun than other large-flowered varieties. Ideal for growing through a climbing rose, strong shrub or tree.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.