Clematis Happy Birthday ('Zohapbi') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From midsummer to autumn, a succession of deep purple flowers emerge from silvery buds, gradually fading and taking on a softer, bluish flush as they mature. When both new and old flowers are present on the plant it creates an attractive two-tone effect, which adds greater interest to the overall effect. It looks wonderful scrambling over an obelisk or arch and as it has a relatively compact habit, it is well suited to growing in a large pot.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.
- Humans: Skin irritant; Pets: Harmful if eaten