Clematis 'Madame Julia Correvon'
clematis (group 3)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From mid-summer to late autumn, wine red star-shaped flowers, with yellow anthers, cover the plant. It is a more compact variety which makes it perfect for growing in a container. As with most clematis of the viticella group it also shows good resistance to clematis wilt.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.