Clematis 'Marie Boisselot'
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Satiny, pure-white flowers with overlapping petals and golden-yellow centres from June to September. A reliable variety raised in the late nineteenth-century, this is probably the most widely grown white-flowered clematis. To appreciate the beautiful, white flowers close-up, it is best trained horizontally through a low-growing shrub in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.