Clematis 'Ovation' (PBR)
clematis (group 1)
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection)
A really exciting new introduction, this bushy, compact trailing clematis is perfect for growing in pots where is can tumble over the edge or as ground cover scrambling over slopes and banks. Evergreen, with dark green shallowly lobed leaves, it produces an abundance of slightly scented, pretty creamy white flowers with a central boss of lime green stamens in spring. Then as the summer progresses the faded flowers develop into soft white fluffy seedheads for added interest.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.