Clematis 'Perle d'Azur'
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: vigorous
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delicate, sky blue summer flowers, pinkish-red at the base, with contrasting pale yellow centres. This vigorous, late-flowering clematis makes the perfect companion for a yellow climbing rose, such as 'Golden Showers'. Although young plants have a tendency to wilt, they will outgrow this. Thrives in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.