Clematis 'Prince Charles'
clematis (group 3)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This late summer-flowering viticella clematis produces a mass of beautiful pale mauve/blue flowers which have a slightly darker band running through each sepal. These satin sheened blooms can often be up to 10cm across with an attractive central crown of greenish/yellow stamens. A wonderful compact variety that is easy to grow, perfect for a smaller garden in a container or growing up a fence.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.