Clematis Prince William ('Zo08171') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Our buyers were really impressed with the outstanding colouring of this clematis, which is quite unusual for a texensis. This and the fact that the flowers are doled out in generous measure, meant that they just had to include it in our range. The burgundy-red and lilac to bright purple flowers have a lovely shape too, and look wonderful against the backdrop of lush green foliage.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.
- Humans: Skin irritant; Pets: Harmful if eaten