Clematis Prince William ('Zo08171') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Our buyers were really impressed with the outstanding colouring of this clematis, which is quite unusual for a texensis. This and the fact that the flowers are doled out in generous measure, meant that they just had to include it in our range. The burgundy-red and lilac to bright purple flowers have a lovely shape too, and look wonderful against the backdrop of lush green foliage.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.