Clematis Rebecca ('Evipo016') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- in stock
(shipped within 7 working days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bred by Raymond Evison and previewed at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2008, this glorious clematis quickly became a top seller. The large flowers are a rich plum red (which is very rare in the clematis world), and they have a wispy boss of creamy-yellow stamens at their centre. They first appear in a profuse burst of colour in late spring or early summer, but will continue to flower intermittently throughout the rest of the summer and into early autumn. They look spectacular when teamed with deep purple, but the flower colour of 'Rebecca' can be variable. It tends to open a velvety crimson before fading to a brighter red, but the amount of sun the plant gets will also play a part, as the flowers tend to be a brighter red when grown in full sun (or during brighter weather).
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.