Clematis Sea Breeze ('Zo09063') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from autumn
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is one of our new clematis, and we thought its gorgeous, slightly nodding blue flowers, which appear over a really long period from midsummer, made it worthy of a place in our range. It wont get too big, so is great in smaller gardens and large patio pots, and like most viticella clematis it also shows good resistance to the dreaded wilt.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.