Clematis Super Cute ('Zo09122') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The first flush of flowers of this viticella clematis will often have a few extra petals, but as the display progresses each bloom will usually be made up of a single row. Growing up to 8cm across, they put on a great display, and as they vary in colour from rich purple to soft violet, they are very easy to mix. 'Super Cute' doesn't get too big either, so it will make an excellent climber for smaller gardens, and it will also flourish in a large pot provided it is kept well fed and watered.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.