Clematis Vicki ('Evipo0114') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- in stock
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bred by the renowned Raymond Evison, and previewed at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2019, this is an exceptionally pretty clematis that will produce its long lasting flowers over several months from early summer. A compact climber, it is ideal for pots, but it also looks great when used to fill gaps in a border and scrambling up an obelisk.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.