Clematis Vicki ('Evipo0114') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bred by the renowned Raymond Evison, and previewed at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2019, this is an exceptionally pretty clematis that will produce its long-lasting flowers over several months from early summer. A compact climber, it is ideal for pots, but it also looks great when used to fill gaps in a border and scrambling up an obelisk.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.