Clematis Wonderful ('Zo09073') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This new clematis will usually flower non-stop from midsummer to the end of autumn, and as the flowers are pretty prolific, it puts on a really spectacular display. The flowers themselves are a rich reddish pink, are slightly nodding on the stem, and can grow up to 7cm across. A viticella type, it also shows good resistance to wilt, and it will work really well in both borders and pots.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.