- within 1 week
- 13cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to August
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This is a firm favourite and it is easy to see why being simple to grow and striking. Many cheerful orange trumpet shaped flowers, with bright yellow central anthers are borne in groups on tall upright stems, arising from a rosette of long dark green strap-like leaves. Perfect for adding a splash of colour to any room.
- Home care: Once finished flowering remove faded blooms near the base and reduce watering through the winter, but don't let it dry out completely. To allow new flowers to form it needs a cool period around 10°C from November to February when you water sparingly. After this period you can start to feed with a balanced fertiliser each week until the the buds form, then move it to a warmer room approx 16°C and increase watering. Keep away from radiators or direct sun, and try not to disturb the plant when in flower. Sponge leaves occasionally.