Joseph's coat (syn croton )
- in stock
- 12cm pot - 40cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The leaves of this showy croton are vividly and irregularly coloured green, yellow, red and burgundy, so they really put on a dazzling display, while offering textural interest with its gentle ruffles. Also, as there are typically 3 plants in each pot, they already look really bushy and full. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Beauty like this needs certain requirements but given the right conditions this striking plant will thrive. Place it on a warm east or west facing windowsill with a constant temperature of no less than 16°C, but not in direct sun. It likes moist air so mist the leaves regularly, or stand it on a tray of damp pebbles so the moisture can evaporate into the atmsophere. Water freely from spring to autumn with tepid water keeping the compost moist, reducing through the winter months. Feed through the growing season with a liquid fertiliser.