Cordyline fruticosa 'Conga'
good luck plant
- available to order from spring 2021
- 19cm pot - 60cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 60cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This new house plant is valued for its lustrous variegated foliage, which is an irregular mix of cream and green - and unlike many of the other white-variegated cordylines, the leaf margins of this one rarely get scorched. Another bonus is that there are three plants in each pot, so they already look nice and bushy. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 15°C, and repot every couple of years.