Cornus alba 'Kesselringii'
- 2 litre pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12 litre pot | 1.0 - 1.25m tall
- £55.99 £69.99
- available to order from autumn
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun to part shade
- Soil: any moderately fertile, reliably moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Small, creamy-white flowers in May and June and dark green leaves, which turn reddish-purple in autumn and fall to reveal dark-maroon stems. The dramatic, dark stems of this dogwood are an excellent focal point in the winter garden. Tolerating a range of conditions including partial shade, it contrasts well with yellow-olive or red-stemmed varieties of dogwood.
Garden care: In March cut the stems back hard to within 5-7cm (2-3in) from the ground and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure around the base of the plant.