wedding cake tree
- In stock (shipped within 7-9 working days)
- 12 litre pot (1-1.25m)
- available to order from summer
- 5 litre pot
- Standard £7.95
- Named Day £14.95
- Position: full sun to part shade
- Soil: deep, fertile, moisture-retentive soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing to average
- Flowering period: June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large clusters of white flowers in June, followed by spherical, blue-black fruit, and glossy, dark green leaves, turning rich red and purple in autumn. The horizontally tiered spreading branches of this deciduous dogwood provide an excellent focal point for a medium to large-sized garden. Rounded in shape, it performs best in fertile, moisture-retentive soil in full sun.
- Garden care: Incorporate a quantity of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure in the planting hole to improve the moisture-retentive qualities of the soil. The tree requires no regular pruning, since this would interfere with its graceful, tiered habit.