Cosmos bipinnatus 'Dazzler'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- approx 150 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Carmine red blooms top the upright stems, clothed with finely divided foliage, of this glorious annual. Flowering from early summer (if sown early) to mid autumn - and sometimes beyond, these easy to grow plants will provide lashing of colour in the garden. The flowers last well after being cut too, and look spectacular with oranges, yellows, lime green and rich purple.
- Garden care:In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds.