Cosmos bipinnatus 'Rubenza'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 30 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Each flower emerges from bud a deep, velvety red, but as they age, the colour lightens gradually to a rich rose. Therefore when in full bloom the overall effect is very pretty, displaying all the tonal variations of the flowers. Easy and undemanding annuals that will flower right up until the first frosts if they are dead-headed regularly, their flowers can be added to the posies too.
- Garden care:In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 30 seeds.