Crataegus laevigata 'Paul's Scarlet'
- available to order from autumn
- 10 lt pot (1.5-1.8m)
- Standard £4.95
This tree is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: all soils except waterlogged
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A popular thorny tree with mid-green, three- to five-lobed leaves and a profusion of double, dark pink flowers in late spring. It is an ideal plant for all conditions, as it is tough enough to stand exposed sites, city pollution and even costal gardens, while also have ornamental value in the garden.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.