Crocosmia × crocosmiiflora 'George Davison'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: July and August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
This bulbous perennial has sword-like, green leaves and arching spikes of rich amber-yellow, freesia-like flowers in July and August. These cheerful montbretia are perfect for a planting scheme based on 'hot' colours. For maximum impact plant in bold drifts in a sunny, sheltered site with moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil.
- Garden care: Resist removing the faded foliage in autumn and cover the crown of the plant with bracken or bark chips to protect the plant against frost damage. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring, planting the divided sections 8-10cm (3-4in) deep.