(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy
Funnel-shaped, bright orange-red flowers are borne on arching stems from mid summer and seem to hover just above the pleated, bright green leaves. Grow them at the edges of a shrub or mixed border where it will add clumps of intense, late summer colour. This montbretia will become quite tolerant of drought once it has had a chance to become established and it spreads to form a good-sized clump. The flowers are excellent for cutting.
- Garden care: Resist removing the faded foliage in autumn and cover the crown of the plant with bracken or bark chips to protect the plant against frost damage. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring, planting the divided sections 8-10cm (3-4in) deep.