Cyclamen 'Halios Red'
- available to order from spring
- 13cm pot - 20cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: general-purpose potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: late autumn/winter
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
With silver-marbled leaves and lipstick-red shuttlecock-like flowers, 'Halios Red' is a superb houseplant perfect for a bright but indirectly lit windowsill, cool porch or greenhouse. Preferring a temperature between 55-61°F (13-16°C), and often blooming for several months from autumn through winter, the attractive, heart-shaped foliage is a treat in its own right.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Maintain bright filtered light with moderate humidity and a minimum winter temperature of 55-61°F (13-16°C). Avoid draughts and hot dry air. Remove spent flowers (and their stems), cutting them back to their base. Water when the compost feels dry to the touch, but avoid overwatering - and never leave the pot sitting in water for any length of time.