Cymbidium 'Magic Chocolate'
- available to order from midsummer
- 14cm pot - 90cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 90cm (including pot)
- Flower spikes: 2 flower spikes
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Introduced by P. Smith in 2012, Cymbidium 'Magic Chocolate' is a cross of Cym. erythraeum x Cym. 'Vogel's Magic'. ‘Magic Chocolate’ has delightful yellow-ochre blooms with dark-spotted markings held on twin stems surrounded by strap-like green foliage.
- Home care: This orchid prefers cooler growing conditions, between 10-14°C in the winter, and below 30°C in the summer in a well lit place, with good ventilation but not in full sun. Let the compost dry out slightly on the surface before watering with tepid soft water, or rainwater, allowing any excess water to drain away and then remove - don't leave the plant sitting in water. Feed through the summer with an orchid feed. It may produce roots outside the pot, but this is nothing to worry about. Once the flowers have finished, cut back the flower spikes to the base.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant