cactus dahlia tuber
- available to order from winter
- 1 tuber
- 3 tubers
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy
Impressively large (up to 15cm) and almost iridescent, the cactus-type flowers of this fab dahlia will really shine out in the border. Their long stalks make them perfect for the vase too, so make sure you plant some extras.
- Garden care: Before planting enrich the soil with organic matter and apply an organic fertiliser during the growing season. Once the first frosts have blackened the foliage, carefully lift and clean the tubers and allow them to dry naturally indoors. Place the dry tubers in a shallow tray, just covered with slightly moist potting compost, sand or vermiculite. Store in a frost-free place, checking frequently over the winter months.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs