Daphne odora 'Aureomarginata'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Clusters of small, sweetly scented, pale pink flowers open from purple-pink buds in January among lustrous, lance-shaped, dark green leaves with yellow margins. The flowers are followed by spherical, red fruit. This evergreen shrub thrives in a sunny, sheltered position where its handsome, variegated foliage will brighten the winter garden. Try it at the edge of a mixed border or next to a path where its intoxicating fragrance can be appreciated.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering, lightly trim to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin irritant
Goes well with
2 lt pot (60cm cane)
available to order from autumn