- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist or boggy soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April - June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This handsome perennial has large, rounded foliage, that packs a big visual punch. The leaves, which can grow up to 60cm across, are held on stalks that can reach 1m tall, and together these form very attractive dome-shaped plants. In autumn, before they die down, the leaves will often turn bright shades of red, and rounded clusters of white to bright pink flowers offer interest in late spring.
- Garden care: It prefers a reliably moist soil, but can slowly adapt to drier conditions. Although the plant is fully hardy, the flowers may be scorched by late frosts, so avoid planting in an east facing bed. Divide over-large clumps in spring.