Delphinium 'Strawberry Fair'
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June - July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Stately spires of rich mulberry-rose, shallow cup-shaped flowers with a white-eye in June and July and deeply lobed, mid-green leaves. These unusual mid-season delphiniums make excellent cut-flowers. They work particularly well with other plum-coloured flowers and foliage plants towards the back of a sunny, well-drained herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in mid-spring. During the growing season apply a balanced liquid fertiliser every 2-3 weeks and wearing gloves cut back the faded flower-stems to a flowering side-shoot. At the end of autumn cut back and compost the faded flower stems
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten