Deutzia × hybrida 'Mont Rose'
- available to order from late summer
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of star shaped, rose pink flowers and slender, dark green leaves. This elegant, summer flowering shrub is an excellent specimen plant for smaller gardens. Although best in full sun it tolerates light shade and alkaline soil.
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit tip-prune young plants, either by pinching off the tips of soft shoots or by reducing long leading or lateral shoots by a third. Immediately after flowering, cut back the stems that have flowered to one or two healthy buds.