Deutzia x rosea Yuki Snowflake ('Ncdx1') (PBR)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 3 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A breakthrough in breeding, 'Yuki Snowflake' is a recent introduction noted for its abundance of flowers and neat, compact habit. Flowering best in full sun, it will still perform well in dappled shade, lighting up the spring garden. An ideal plant for a patio pot or front of border spot, this pretty, deciduous shrub is smothered in a profusion of pure snow-white flowers each spring which will gently cascade over the edges. This low maintenance Deutzia would also make an interesting and unusual groundcover. In autumn the leaves turn to shades of burgundy before dropping to reveal the sculptural mound of winter stems.
- Garden care: No regular pruning is necessary, as the flowers are borne on old wood, but you can encourage a bushy habit and help maintain an even shape by tip-pruning immediately after flowering, either by pinching off the tips of soft shoots or by reducing any long leading or lateral shoots by a third.