Digitalis purpurea 'Pam's Choice'
- in stock
- approx 200 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The nodding white, trumpet-shaped flowers of this marvellous foxglove are variously splotched and freckled inside their throats with rich maroon - sometimes so heavily that it becomes a solid block of colour. These two-tone flowers appear on sturdy stems throughout the summer and are very appealing to bees.
- Garden care:Lightly press the seed onto the surface of a well-watered seed compost in mid to late spring and keep in a cold frame. When large enough to handle, pot on into individual cells and once they have developed a decent basal rosette of foliage they can be hardened off before planting out. Foxgloves are great for adding vertical interest to the border and will self-seed freely. They look brilliant in naturalised planting schemes.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-July
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds.