Edgeworthia chrysantha 'Grandiflora'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or light dappled shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: February to April
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in colder areas)
Large rounded heads of small, tubular, bright yellow flowers appear on the bare stems of this deciduous shrub from late winter to spring. They have a good, clove-like scent and will help attract beneficial insects into the garden in winter.
- Garden care: They can tolerate temperatures down to -5C, but in colder areas it is best to plant them against a sunny, south facing wall. Apply a generous layer of mulch in autumn and cut away any damaged or crossing branches in early spring.