Eventual height & spread
Russian vine / mile a minute plant ( syn. Polygonum baldschuanicum )
- available to order from spring 2021
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any poor to moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: extremely fast-growing
- Flowering period: August and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
In August and September this woody deciduous climber is literally smothered with panicles of tiny, funnel-shaped, pink-tinged white flowers. Ideal for covering an unsightly structure or wall in sun or partial shade, but plant with caution since it's extremely fast-growing and can end up choking everything in its path!
- Garden care: Each year in early spring cut back to fit the available space