Fern starter collection
- sold out
- 6 × 6cm pots
- sold out
- 6cm pot
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose 7cm pot covers to give a good fit over the pots
These young ferns are perfect for setting up a terrarium or bottle garden - or you could pot them up individually and line them up along the windowsill. All of the ferns are unnamed and unlabelled, so it’s a bit of a lucky dip as to what you will receive (and they may differ from those in the photo), however if you order the 6-pack collection we will send you as varied a selection as possible - ideally with no more than two of the same variety (stock permitting).
Please note that the pots in the photograph are not supplied with the plants (which are sent out in simple nursery pots). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water regularly in the growing season (less in winter and in areas of low humidity), mist the leaves with water on a regular basis, or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.