Ficus elastica 'Tineke'
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 14cm pot - 40cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The foliage of these houseplants is quite large, and it is variously patterned in shades of green and cream. This is accompanied by a burgundy flush, which is pronounced when the leaves are newly emerging, but slowly fades as they mature. The overall effect is very colourful, so it works well either as an accent plant, or as part of a mixed indoor arrangement when teamed with plants that have a solid green colouring.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These are easy plants to care for as long as you are careful with the watering. Only water once the compost is dry to the touch, and make sure that the plant isn't left standing in water. You can mist the leaves during the summer to increase the humidity. Occasionally wash the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth to keep the foliage glossy. Try to maintain an average temperature no lower than 12°C in the winter, and avoid any sudden drops in the temperature and cold draughts.