- in stock
- approx 500 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, leafy, moist but well-drained soil. It also tolerates boggy conditions.
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A familiar sight on the banks of streams or wet ditches, our native meadowsweet is a vigorous, easy-to-grow plant that's ideal for boggy areas of the garden or beside water. Handsome, deeply veined leaflets are held on arching stems, topped with fluffy sprays, up to 25cm across, of creamy-white flowers in summer. The plant forms clumps of upright growth, but will self seed freely in the the right spot.
- Garden care: Keep the plants well watered and as they have a tendency tendency to self-seed, remove the faded flowers as they fade if you do not want more.
- Sow: March-May or September-October
- Flowering: June- September
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.