Fritillaria imperialis 'Argenteovariegata'
crown imperial bulb
- Delivered by mid September
- 1 bulb
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: june
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 20+
A dazzling addition to the early summer garden, when the tall stems, which are clothed in variegated yellow and green leaves, are topped with clusters of orange, bell-shaped flowers to 6cm in length. It looks great when woven through a sunny border, or when used as a centrepiece for a larger, potted display.
- Garden care: Plant 20cm deep (ideally on their sides) from September to November in fertile, well-drained soil, taking care not to damage the fragile bulbs. To minimise unnecessary disturbance use a marker indicating where the bulbs have been planted.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant