Fritillaria imperialis 'Early Fantasy'
crown imperial bulb
- available to order from summer 2023
- 1 bulb
- 3 bulbs
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
This bulb dies back after flowering each year and enters a period of rest ahead of regrowth the following season.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 20+
An eye-catching crown imperial, certain to light up your spring borders with its downward nodding delicate apricot to sunset orange flowers, clustered on long dark stems. A well-deserved crown of tufted green leaves completes the very photogenic, elegant and highly admired ‘Early Fantasy’.
- Garden care: Plant 20cm deep (ideally on their sides) from September to November in fertile, well-drained soil, taking care not to damage the fragile bulbs. To minimise unnecessary disturbance use a marker indicating where the bulbs have been planted.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin & eye irritant