Fritillaria persica 'Ivory Bells'
- available to order from summer 2021
- 1 bulb
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 20
An unusual rarely seen cultivar that is incredibly beautiful. The flowers emerge from bud a creamy green, and fade to near ivory white as they age. One of the tallest fritallaries, it can be quite imposing, and can send up a flowerspike up to 1m tall, which will usually carry 10-30 flowers. Plant it in bold swathes, or take advantage of its height and structure, and mix it in towards the back of your spring bulb display.
- Garden care: Plant 12cm deep (ideally on their sides) in fertile, well-drained soil, and keep an eye out for slug and snail damage when the new foliage is emerging in spring. Keep reasonably dry while dormant.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs