Fuchsia 'Alice Hoffman'
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
The upright to gently arching stems of this compact fuchsia are laden with an abundance of pendent, rich pink and white flowers throughout the summer - and often well into autumn. The bronze-tinted green foliage adds further interest, and provides a lush backdrop for the showy blooms. 'Alice Hoffman' is one of the hardier forms, and it will add long lasting colour to the border. It's also ideally suited to pots.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Pot grown plants should be overwintered in a sheltered spot, while those growing in borders will benefit from winter protection.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten