Fuchsia 'Dark Eyes'
trailing hardy fuchsia
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from spring 2020
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need winter protection)
Frilly-looking red and purple flowers that open from rounded red buds, seem to drip from the stems of this bushy, deciduous shrub all the way throughout the summer. An excellent addition to the front of a mixed border, it will also flourish in a pot.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Protect the roots with a generous layer of mulch in autumn, or move potted plants to a sheltered position in the garden during the worst of the winter weather.